An IELTS score of 7 or higher demonstrates that your English is competent to enrol in any course at an international institute, including Ivy League colleges. Getting a 7+ score will ensure that you get the country of your choice for your studies. It is said that the best way to learn something is through practice, so in order to ensure that the tips that you will learn in this article work effectively, you can follow the following given tips.
- Be Aware of the test structure: You must be familiar with the structure of the exam, such as timing, category, length of the paper, question format, and many others. Without knowledge of structure, you cannot prepare yourself in advance for what is to come in the test.
- Define Strategy to Learn: You need to create a learning strategy such as the number of mock tests to take, evaluation based on performance, study material to use, number of hours daily that need to be practiced. You can either take the help of any institute or teacher, and else you can also do the self-preparation.
- Set Goals: Your goals should be higher than what you are currently getting in mock tests and self-analyses. You don’t aim very high at first but should gradually increase the bar as you reach the goals.
- Consistent Practice: Organize your studies into parts and set up a time for them. Plan and prepare for 45 minutes of concentrated study time and 15 minutes of rest time. During that time, you must ensure that there is no distraction around you, such as phone, laptop, or anything. Try to be focused, and this will significantly improve your learning capacity. Dedicate time for each section of IELTS separately, especially on the reading and writing part, since they will directly affect the performance of other sections as well.
- Read in English: It is important to be aware of the current news and big events happening globally. You can start this by reading newspapers, articles, or books on a daily basis. Once you get the hang of it, you will start to enjoy the process while getting benefits out of it. As a result, your vocabulary and grammar will improve. To utilize synonyms, improve your vocabulary. Make sure you’re familiar with them. Using basic sentences and repeating words will not get you any extra points and may even result in a bad score. Memorize 15 of your most significant practice words, phrases, and linking words and have them in your brain at all times. This will assist you in all of the test modules.
- Practice Speaking in English for at least 30 minutes daily: This will help you with the speaking section. You can record yourself while practicing and can examine your performance. This will allow you to work on the things you are lacking.
Using the above give methods, you can get an IELTS score of 7 or above. However, as mentioned above, practice and consistency are the keys. With the right amount of effort and practice, you can get your dream college with the best IELTS score.