College interviews are not meant to be intimidating. It is a chance for the interviewers and interviewees to find out how they will both benefit with their future association. The college interview is meant to be a conversation, an easy discussion about the investment of your time and money in the study programme and how much you will actually be able to gain from it.
The university employees will try to gauge why you have chosen a particular country, university, and course. They try to find out if you will be able to do well in the program and prospects after that. Lastly, if you would be able to adapt to the college environment.
Common college interview questions you should prepare for:
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Tell me about your family.
- Why do you want to pursue further studies?
- What did you do last summer?
- What do you like to do most/what do you do best?
- Have you ever traveled to a foreign country before? What did you learn there?
- What are your educational/career goals?
- How do you think this course will help you in your future career plans?
- Where do you think you will be doing 5/10/15 years from now?
- Who is your idol/ hero/ has influenced you most?
- How will you contribute to the college community/society, if you are selected?
- Tell us about your achievements/most memorable student experiences?
- Who has helped you most to reach where you are today?
- What subjects seemed most challenging/ interesting to you?
- Why have you chosen to go to this country for this study program, instead of doing it from India itself?
Questions based on your Degree and University Choice
- Why have you chosen this major/ subject/ focus area?
- Have you been accepted in any other graduate schools yet?
- Is there a particular faculty member you want to work with?
- Why are you interested in this particular college?